During the winter season, most homes have low humidity levels. Whole-home humidifier installation is recommended to raise the indoor humidity while making the home feel warmer. In the summer, humidifiers come in handy because they help counteract the dehydrating effects of the air conditioning system.
The following signs can help you determine if your home needs a humidifier installation:
- Gaps and cracks on the floor, furniture, and other structural components – Low humidity levels cause structural components to weaken, crack, shrink, or warp. A humidifier can protect your home structures and furnishings by raising indoor humidity to keep wood pliable.
- Dry and itchy skin – Low humidity levels can greatly affect you and your family members. If you are experiencing psoriasis flare-ups, chapped lips, or seasonal eczema, a whole-home humidifier installation is an ideal solution.
- Constant coughs and allergy-related symptoms – Dry air can cause chronic coughs or nosebleeds. Family members with allergies and asthma are severely affected. Humidifier installation or repair services from Blue Mountain Plumbing can help soothe the internal mucosal membranes alleviating allergy symptoms and persistent coughs.
Choosing Home Humidifiers
- Portable humidifiers – Portable humidifiers are the best choice if you want to humidify an individual room. However, they are not effective in humidifying your home because they are costly to operate and maintain.
- Whole-home humidifiers – Attached directly to a heat pump system or furnace, whole-house humidifiers have their own water supply. They are functional, cost-effective, and reliable. Ideally, they humidify your entire home through the HVAC system.
When purchasing, it is essential to remember that there are three types of whole-home humidifiers, i.e., drum, flow-through, and steam. Research well to make a more informed decision.
Contact Blue Mountain Plumbing Today
Humidifier repair or installation is recommended to ensure your home is comfortable over the fall and winter seasons. Contact Blue Mountain Plumbing, Heating & Cooling to schedule an installation or maintenance appointment today.