Home heating is a crucial aspect of keeping your home comfortable, especially during the colder months. It’s important to understand the different types of heating systems available in the market and their specific features.
Blue Mountain Plumbing aims to help you understand various types of home heating systems ranging from traditional furnace systems to newer, energy-efficient options. Whether you’re looking to upgrade your current heating system or are in the process of building a new home, this post will provide valuable information to make an informed decision. So let’s take a look at the different types of home heating systems available on the market:
- Furnace: They are the most common home heating system and are used alongside a blower fan to deliver heated, conditioned air to various parts of the house through a network of ducts. They cost between $100 to $200.
- Boiler: On average, a standard gas boiler and radiator system can cost anywhere from $3,000 to $7,000 for the equipment and installation. They use pipes to send hot water to all corners of the house to provide heating.
- Heat pump: The heat pump works by removing heat from the air and transferring it to the home using an indoor air handler. They are efficient and can cost anywhere from $3000 to $25,000, depending on the type.
- Hybrid heating: Hybrid heating uses the energy efficiency of a heating pump with the power of a gas furnace. It offers a complete heating solution that reduces strain on both systems.
- Ductless mini splits: Mini-split systems are energy efficient and easy to install and can cost anywhere from $2,000 and $14,500 for installation.
- Radiant heating: These systems supply heat directly to the floor or panels in the wall or ceiling of a house. They can be generated by oil, gas, propane, or electricity.
- Baseboard heaters: These systems come in 2 forms: Electric or Hydronic. Electric baseboards provide heat by heating coils that emit heat into the room. Hydronic baseboards heat water that circulates through water pipes to low-profile baseboard heating units.
Are you unsure of which home heating system is best for your home? Blue Mountain Plumbing can help you make an informed decision. Our team of experts can evaluate your home’s needs and recommend the most cost and energy-efficient solution for you. Contact Blue Mountain Plumbing today and let us help you find the perfect home heating solution for your home.