The process of choosing a perfect heating system for your home can be overwhelming. Luckily, you can comfortably select a heating system when you know what to look out for. As a trusted HvAC contractor, Blue Mountain Plumbing is here to help you find an appropriate heating system.
Types of Heating Systems
- Furnaces- Furnaces (forced-air systems) are either powered by electricity or natural gas and function by blowing the heated air through ducts. Consider purchasing a heating system with a minimum Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) rating of 80. It is worth noting that furnaces with a higher AFUE rating are more energy efficient.
- Boilers-The energy efficiency of boilers is also rated with an Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency rating. When purchasing a boiler, it is advisable to choose an AFUE rating of 80.
- Electric Heat Pumps- Heat pumps absorb heat from the exterior of your home using a refrigerant. The exchange of heat from the outside can also be reversed when you need to air-condition your home. This means that you can use your heat pump to heat and cool your home.
Other Factors to Consider
- Distribution System- Most heating systems in residential homes use registers and air ducts, while others rely on baseboard radiators and boilers to heat water.
- Cost- The last thing you want is to purchase a system at an extra price and still incur increased maintenance and operating costs.
- Energy Source- Most heating systems use electricity, propane, fuel oil, or natural gas. Before purchasing a heating system, pick one that suits your power source needs. An expert HVAC contractor will help choose a heating system that meets your operating cost budget.
Schedule a Consultation with Blue Mountain Plumbing
Whether you need a heating system replacement, heat pump installation, heat pump service, or testing for carbon monoxide in your home, Blue Mountain Plumbing is here to help. Contact Blue Mountain Plumbing, Heating & Cooling to schedule an evaluation or maintenance appointment today.